Left Our Mark

When most people think of the Society of Automotive engineers the first thing that probably pops into mind is mechanical engineers.  Yes, the majority of our members are mechanicals, but there are a few who have strayed into the other branches.  In addition to the dominant major, we also have computer science, electrical, and industrial engineering students on the team.

With that said, naturally some of us are also involved with other societies, whether it be Pi Tau Sigma, American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), or the Institute of Industrial Engineers (IIE).

Because I am in industrial engineering, I am also a part of IIE.  We actually had our regional conference this past weekend in Rapid City, South Dakota.  Some of you may recognize this as the location of the famous Art Alley.

1

2

As part of the conference we were actually given permission to contribute to the art alley! Not only that, but we were even provided with the spray paint!  It was during my search for a section of wall I would not feel guilty painting over that I stumbled upon this freshly done art work by our sister/rival university U of I.

3

Being an industrial engineer, efficiency is of the utmost importance. Minimizing repetitive motions and saving time is what we are all about.  Keeping that in mind I decided it was best to work with what was already there.

4

Fixed. <3